Friday 24 June 2011

veronicas room


cast and crew

Blimey it has been a while since my last post! Need to get on top of this malarkey!
So what have I been up to – well in a nutshell - theatre theatre theatre oh and I moved flat!

Veronica’s Room opened and closed and we got a good although I would say ‘half’ review from the Nottingham evening post – http://tinyurl.com/68fnlkh .
I am really going to miss that show. As the cast and crew were so small you really got to gel and I had such a blast working with them. As you can see this is Bert the moustache taking a tour of toms face!!





Final photo Mark James photography copyright

The final performance of veronica’s room was on Saturday 25th May  which included the strike of the set. Considering that the show was held upstairs in the studio space of the LMT there seemed to be a lot of furniture such as a bed, dresser, lamps, gramophones, as well as the smaller things – pictures, trinkets and a dresser full of lady’s unmentionables to be put back into the props stores!
All in all the strike too about an hour and a half which a good old fashioned sit down – big mistake!! The proposed night of drunken revelry went out of the window and we tucked into our crisps and dips!! We managed a few pints and then called it a night which I suppose was for the best as I had a production meeting for Into the woods the next day.
  
I do miss making friends and ‘hanging out’ with the cast it is something that is noticeable in my move from props to scenic construction.  With Into the Woods I have hardly met (in fact I think I have not !) any of the cast! I am not too sad though as I am forming what will hopefully lasting friends ships with the tech crew and the fun and frolics of the rehearsals with actors are replaced with gruelling productions meetings in rooms that are too warm but with pints, fun and chats at the pub after!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment