|Getting pretty fragile now|
|Matching up all the fret work|
Now I had finished all the fret work on the doors i started work on the frame. I wanted this door to have and asymmetrical as is a common theme in Art Nouveau
|Frame was made from 3X1 on edge ( like the doors) and clad with 6mm MDF|
|Shape was cut out with a Jig saw. Extra support were added to the back of the MDF to make the frame detail stable|
|i added an extra 6mm border to the outer frame to give it a little depth.|
|more fret work design|
Luckily i only really had the painting to do so with help from the scenic art department i set up my spray gun and started to prime and apply the finish.
|Both doors open|
|Adding the primer|
|First and 2nd colours ( hard to tell in this pic)|
|Adding the darker colours|
|Deep red into the corner|
|I did not want a level gradient all the way up the door as i thought it would take away from all the organic shapes|
|I chose a contrasting olive green for the fret work - i had to paint these on with a brush as opposed to spraying it like the base colours|
Here it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am pretty please with it... i lie i love my door there are as always things that i need to do to tweak it but that is just me!