Tuesday 23 August 2011

the count down begins

3 weeks to go!

It is all getting a little scary now. Luckily work Is busy with a level results coming out and clearing so I have little time to worry about like where I am going to live and how I am going to afford my education!
Last week was a pretty bad week.
I did have a little bit of a cry on Monday night when I got a letter from Barclays informing me that the  YPLA (you person learning agency) will  not support my loan for the 15 months that I will be studying – only 12 of them. This is because my Learning provider has only registered the course as a 12 month on instead of the 15.
I am very calm about it all now- After phone calls to what feels like 30 people I hope that it will be sorted, I say hope as it is out of my power my learning provider has informed the YPLA that it is a 15 month course – hopefully that will be auctioned in time for when Barclays send back the form to be reassessed as one customer service rep stated or  if they do not instead send me a new contract to sign that will hold the loan for 12 months as the other rep I spoke to said! I do not know if the co-op were any better but I do wish I had gone with them  Barclays customer service is not the greatest in the world.
Just to let you know the phone number for the YPLA  learning provider helpline is: 0845 000 0045
The YPLA next step help line for applications is 0800 100 900.

I suppose I went into this stating that I am prepared to go broke so I can train at RADA and I am well on the way to fulfilling that statement.

Dentist check – eeek my first ever filling L  I did not even realise I needed one  - it’s  not like it hurt … weirdly enough  though my teeth are really sensitive now they are all cleaned and ‘better’ . it was a little brutal -  on the mouth as well as on the wallet.
Eyes :  I have had the same frames for 4 years and was due an eye exam  any way so I went in my prescription had changed a little so I got a set of new frames – luckily as I am on a contact lenses scheme I got it all for half price.

And to top it all off my dog died last week too he was 13 years old and I am going to miss him L. Conner was a legend a rubbish dog that could not swim or fetch a ball without getting bored halfway there but a legend!

I am still flat hunting went to see a few rooms this weekend  - nothing suitable. I guess it is because the rooms go so quickly in London it is hard to gauge when to start. I advise that you take a week or a few days with the intention of seeing as many rooms as you can and by the end of it putting your money down.  There is not point really setting your heart on something  that  (if it is available straight away) you cannot move into max 5 days later.

So more of an update this time readers – sorry if it is a little dull – I will endeavour to do something a little more exciting for you to read about in the next post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment